Happy Sunday everyone 🙂 I hope y’all have been having a great weekend… I sure have! Recently I discovered the hashtag “Self-Care Sunday” and I am obsessed. This hashtag is all about taking care of yourself and making sure to fill your cup with energy, so you can pass your energy, love, and excitement on to others. For the past couple of Sundays, I have had the “Sunday Scaries”: I have been a little anxious about starting the new week and sad that the weekend was coming to an end. With this, I decided to implement “Self-Care Sunday” or in my case “Self-Claire Sunday” to focus on things that make me happy and relaxed.
Today’s day consisted of going to church with Joel, having some yummy breakfast, making returns, cleaning my room and bathroom, finishing a movie, taking a nap, and crafting!! Let me explain myself on some of the things I did:
- Going to church was awesome 🙂 Whenever I go, I just receive a sense of relaxation and comfort. Being there with Joel and seeing my Mimi was definitely a plus too!
- Making returns are sometimes annoying–waiting in the lines, trying to find receipts, etc.–however, I liked receiving the money back on something I did not use!! I know money doesn’t buy happiness, but now I have $16 extra for food and crafts…and those things make me happy 🙂
- Some of you may not think that cleaning is not fun or relaxing, but I feel overwhelmed and disorganized when my space is messy. Both my bathroom and room have not been living up to my standards recently and I was SO happy to get them all nice and clean! They are organized, my thoughts are organized, and I am ready to take on the week.
- The movie I watched was “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before”. I had watched the very middle of this movie when I got my nails done a month ago and have been meaning to watch the beginning and end. I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO FINISH IT AND I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! EVERYONE GO WATCH IT!!! SUPER CUTE!!! SUPER FUN!!!
- An afternoon nap… do I have to say anything more??
- Crafting!! I came to the realization that I am feeling my best self when I am able to create, design, or craft. I need to do more of this 🙂 Being in my mom’s craft room is my happy place!! I cleaned it yesterday so now it’s all set to go for my crafting adventures!
I want to show you my latest craft project… My halloween costume! Now, let me narrow down your imagination before you begin thinking of all the crazy things I could possibly be. All the staff at my school are dressing up as characters from Charlotte’s Web. We are reading this book as a school, so the staff decided we should dress up as characters from the book or farm animals! I’m going to be Charlotte (a spider) and I’m so excited 🙂 Check out this video to see 1.) The t-shirt that I created for my costume 2.) The process of creating a t-shirt using a Cricut machine! I made this quick video to give you all a glimpse of what makes me happy and how I like to create t-shirts/clothes using my Cricut Machine 🙂
What did YOU do today to take care of yourself and replenish your energy before the work week? I hope you did something that made you happy! I’m Miss DeCLAIREing Happiness and I deCLAIRE that all Sunday’s should be “Self-Care Sundays”! Thank you for following me along in my journey 🙂